Saturday, May 5, 2007

Up and Running

I've taken a couple of days off from the blog, but realize I miss it. The last few posts have been dealing with the depression issues. Since I've seen my Primary Care Physician and been taking the medication, I feel better. I make it through the day. I'm not sure if I'm happy with that or not. While the medication keeps me active and without depression, I have better days. But I was used to the stress. I sort miss it.

Now mind you I haven't changed much of my lifestyle - I can't really due to commitments I've made through the end of the month - but it's definetely better.

So as I continue to work through this, I'll keep posting. Something I should do every day. It really only takes 10 minutes or so. And, since I claim to be a writer, I need to do this everyday. A writer/filmmaker friend of mine inspired me to get back into it. She said, "So why don't you write? Why don't you make a film? You have all of this equipment."

I made the remark that I don't have time. She replied, "To do something, you have to make time."

Good advice. So here I am posting on a Saturday night. Don't feel sorry for me - I've still got time to enjoy my weekend. And I'm going to work on my film. I'm dusting off a script I wrote a while back that has been nagging at me for a rewrite. Plus the 14-year-old asked, "Why not sell your shit?" After letting him have it for his potty mouth, I thought - he too, is right. So, back at it.

Oh yeah, a benefit to the drugs is I don't have the appetite that I once had. I've lost some pounds. People have noticed. I'm feeling good about it too. So, I'm planning to workout. The 16-year-old is inspiring me, too. I'll never have his eight pack (yeah it makes me sick), but he's been my inspiration in more ways than one and that helps.

No comments: